Friday, November 2, 2012

London - My City of Dreams


Who would have ever thought that i would land in London? The same question my Cousin who has been in London for the last 3 years has been asking to himself with a slight change to my question, where he rephrased it telling "who would have ever thought i would be driving my own car on top the very famous One Tower Bridge".

My 1st impression of this famous city was WOW. So here is my 1st peep into the City. It was raining so hard as i arrived with lot of thick clouds in the sky, as the flight all of a sudden came out of the last layer of thick Clouds suddenly there was this bright light from the Buildings of Canary Wharf, the Business District of London. It was a sight indeed, and the moment i took my phone out to capture that very moment the flight had already reached on top the Millenium Dome which was another sight to see.



The network is so properly laid you need not grab a Black Cab (Who are the same category of people ie the
Autorickshaws we see back in India who are infamous for the Rip-Offs). I was given strict instructions from
my cozin who asked me to take the trains from the London City Airport to Greenwich where i would be put up for the next few days. Climate has been pretty OK as compared to what i had seen in Denmark for more than a Month and this is something that i wanted London to behave as well.

There couldnt have been a better day than having to land in London on the Eve of Bakrid, One of those 2 festivals that i celebrate in a calendar year. Went for a late night drive to the One Tower Bridge (Pic Below), which many unknowingly call it the London Bridge. I was so fascinated to see the Bridge as this structure is something that i have been seeing since childhood days and all throughtout my life i have come across in News and other happenings.



Put up right next Canary Wharf (Pic Below) the Financial City for the 3 days, All my eyes were on the tall
skycrappers that had all the world famous Financial Companies like Citi Bank, HSBC, JP Morgan and the likes. Some where deep inside i happened to wither a little because what i see myself in the next few years is working in one of those top notch companies and what i have been doing all this while was nothing as compared to my high aspirations. One of those things that has caught my attention is how busy everyone is, people are just running here and there and i just love doing that as well. No one likes to sit idle and everyone loves to be occupied with something or the other.



Mumbai will happen to be the City of Dreams but to me after this short visit to this awesome city, I think London will be my City of Dreams untill and unless a new city impresses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment