Friday, April 12, 2013

Magnum is here!!


Excitement was at its peak when news broke out that Magnum Ice Cream, One of the leading ice cream brand was making its entry into India. Having had Magnum Ice Creams during my trips to the UK and cribbing about not having it here in India had been my favorite pass time activity for the last few months, Now that it is Launched here I can start hogging instead of cribbing.
We all know Unilever owns Kwality Walls but I did not know that they also owned Magnum. Got all these facts from Durairaj Sudhakar, man behind Dollops Ice Cream Parlour, Chennai which is a Landmark in Anna Nagar.  Dollop Ice Creams now called “The Lop Stop” is the 1st outlet in Chennai to have got the dealership to see Magnum Ice Creams.
Very courteous was Mr. Durairaj who has had the Lop Stop (Earlier Dollops Ice Cream) since 1990. He also pointed out the fact that he opened his store on the 14th of February which happens to be Valentines Day and made sure he celebrates the anniversary every year. He also showed me the album that had prominent actors like Sunny Deol & Pooja Bhatt coming in their parlour for shooting years back.
My quest for the Magnum started when many of my friends were telling me about “Magnum Ice Cream Vans” running around the city hunting their loyal customers. I decided so somehow crack down the case by finding out the Van, Only to find from their facebook page that they had that ‘Run’ only for a few days.
Launched in a Grand manner by their Brand Ambassador here in India, South Indian Actress Trisha who made sure the suspense was kept till the official launch was done. She Tweeted “Excited to be choosen as the Brand Ambassador of my favorite Ice Cream Brand, Details to follow”   
Magnum has introduced only 3 of their best sellers around the globe here in India – The Classic, Chocolate Truffle and Almond priced at Rs 75 each. Tried all 3 and I must admit Rs 75 was worth each bite and I couldn’t have asked for more. 

Magnum Ice Creams is now available in almost 350 Stores across Chennai and I am sure the brand has kick started at the right time with temperatures soaring in at around 37 Degree Celcius. The end result could look something like this;


Here is the Address of “The Lop Stop”
A-77 Dorson House,3rd Avenue, Anna Nagar East, Chennai 600102.

No comments:

Post a Comment